The following list of resources will be updated on a regular basis:
- The PNSG report on Syrian refugees in Peel region has been released in partnership with United Way of Peel Region, the Region of Peel, and Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The purpose of this report is to share learnings, activities and conversations and to invite other Local Immigration Partnerships (LIPs) and partners in the community to use the findings and resources in this report to further their work in supporting Syrian refugees.
- Refugee Myth and Fact sheet with some general ideas on refugees, and what the actual realities are
- PNSG’s Syrian Refugees fact sheet – This contains statistics on refugees in Peel region, Canada’s response to the crisis and plans in the resettlement process.
- The Useful Links document contains many useful links on Syrian refugees including online settlement resources supports for service providers, mental health information, government reports, and more
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Population Profile on Syrian Refugees including demographics, cultural considerations, health characteristics and more
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) information sheet on healthcare access for Syrian refugees through the Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP)
- The PNSG Peel Service Provider Capacity survey aims to compile list of services and programs that can be accessed by Syrian refugees including mental health, settlement, and employment services and identify service gaps and help the sector get a better understanding of the information and supports needed by service providers, community groups and private sponsors to better serve Syrian refugees. The refugee layer was then embedded onto the Peel Newcomer Online Tool www.peelnewcomer.org/npt . This new layer also has an accompanying excel sheet that details the services available for refugees and the type of services available
- PNSG’s Data tracking tool created for service providers to track how many Syrian refugees are being served in Peel region. This will help collect and analyze data to see what additional supports are needed across Peel. It will also be useful for funders to see the supports that are being offered across Peel.
If you have any resources to share for our Useful Links document, or any other comments, please do e-mail Trisha Scantlebury at email@example.com.